On May 21st, 2020, Trade Remedies Authority of Vietnam (TRAV) acknowledged the Dossier on request of investigation to impose the anti-dumping measures to some High Fructose Corn Sweetener products (HFCS) originated from People’s Republic of China and Republic of Korea from the companies representing the domestic industry.
On the basis of the dossier review, TRAV reported on 2 June 2020 the adequacy of the dossiers in compliance with the Industrial Remediation Act.
In under 45 days from the date of receipt of a appropriate and lawful report, TRAV shall find the report to be sent to the Minister of Industry and Trade for consideration as to how to proceed with the investigation.
The contents of the appraisal shall include:
- Identify the legal representative status of the domestic industry of organizations and individuals
- Define evidence on the dumping of imported goods
The information that the domestic firm should provide following the advice of TRAV:
- Enterprise’s information;
- Manufacturing production of HFCS and/or refined sugar;
- Enterprise’s opinion on the case (to agree, oppose, have no opinion);
- Any document/evidence which company considers to be related to the case